Academic Policy Updates Fall 2020
Last updated January 14, 2021
Credit/No Credit Policy
For the Fall 2020 semester only, Baruch College has adopted a temporary policy to permit students to elect CR/NC grades with some course exceptions, as noted below. The opt-in period for CR/NC is December 24, 2020 – January 12, 2021.
- Exclusions apply to all students enrolled in the courses listed below, regardless of their School or major/minor.
- The CR/NC grade option permits a student to convert a course grade between B+ and D- to a grade of “CR” and a grade of F to a grade of “NC.”
- Neither the CR nor the NC is included in the calculation of the student’s GPA. The CR grade will allow the student to earn credit (for credit bearing courses) but is not factored into the GPA.
- If the student elects an NC grade in place of an F then it is not factored into the GPA, and the student will not earn the credit.
- A course with a grade of CR earned at one CUNY institution will transfer to another CUNY institution.
- Period to elect CR/NC: December 24, 2020 – January 12, 2021.
- Students may not opt for a grade of NC to replace an F that is received as the result of an academic integrity violation.
For further information, check the CUNY site here.
Need your questions answered, email Credit.NoCredit@baruch.cuny.edu.
How to Opt-In CR/NC on CUNY First
For more information, click here.
- Go to home.cunyfirst.cuny.edu.
- Go to Student Center.
- Click View Grades.
2. Select CR/NC Option
- Select Opt-in Grade CR/NC for classes you want to opt-in.
- Confirm that you want to Opt-in.
- Click Submit.
3. Review Grades/GPA
- Review your grades.
- Confirm that your CR/NC grade(s) have been applied correctly.
Extended Deadline to Withdraw
To allow students additional flexibility, Baruch College extends the “last day to withdraw from a course with a grade of W” to Tuesday, December 15, 2020.
Marxe School of Public and International Affairs
- All Marxe courses, both Graduate and Undergraduate, are included in the CR/NC option
Weissman School of Arts and Sciences
- All courses in the Graduate program in Mental Health Counseling are excluded.
- Graduate courses in Mathematics and Undergraduate courses at or above the 3000 level in Mathematics are excluded.
Zicklin School of Business
- When considering electing the CR/NC, students should bear in mind that the minimum GPA required for admission to the Zicklin school will be based on available GPA, and the minimum GPA required for continuing in Accountancy and Finance majors will be based on available GPA.
- All required Zicklin Undergraduate business courses including Zicklin courses that are part of the pre-business core, business core courses, and the required courses in the BBA majors will be excluded.
- ALL GRADUATE AND EXECUTIVE COURSES ARE EXCLUDED.